Restorative Practice: Surrendering to Gravity 恢复练习：臣服于重力
作者：Witold Fitz-Simon Filed 翻译：夏沙
The goal of this restorative sequence is to become aware of your various parts in relation to the pull of gravity. First we release each of the limbs individually, then the chest and abdomen, followed by the back body and the head and neck. With the physical body completely released, we release the sense organs and turn our attention to the breath, encouraging it to flow smoothly without encumbrance. Finally, with the body and the breath free, we observe the effect this has on the mind as it flows freely.
Centering [1—3 minutes]
· Come into any comfortable seated position. Sit up on as much support as you feel you need to sit quietly and with ease for several minutes.
· Fold the palms together in front of the chest and rest the thumbs against the breastbone in a prayer position.
· Take a moment to become aware of your body and the shape your are making with your trunk and limbs.
· Take a moment to become aware of your breath.
· Take a moment to let go of the events of the day that have led you to the present moment.
· Take a moment to let go of any expectations or anticipations you might for the time to come.
· If you find your mind wandering, bring it back to the sensations of your pose and the awareness of your breath.
· Stay like this quietly for few minutes. Either sit for a specific amount of time using a timer or sit until you are unable to release any hardness in the body that may arise as a result of your seated pose.